Easy Frozen Berries Oatmeal Recipe
A super easy oatmeal breakfast without the added sugar that can be made quickly!
- 1/2 cup dried oatmeal
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- water (enough to cover the oatmeal)
- 1 cup frozen berries (any berries will do)
- 1 tbsp almond flakes (or other nuts of choice)
- bit of milk or yogurt (optional)
- additional toppings (optional)
1. Place the oatmeal and chia seeds in a pot and cover them with enough water.
2. Cook over medium heat and stir constantly to avoid burning and sticking at the bottom of the pot.
3. Halfway through the cooking, add the cup of frozen berries and continue cooking.
4. Add more water if you see that the oatmeal and berries are getting dry, but still need more cooking time. It is done when it’s already thick and creamy.
5. Put into a bowl, stir in a bit of yogurt or milk to make it more creamy (optional), and then add the almond flakes or other preferred nuts.